Scheduled Meetings/Rehearsal Ti mes:
- Sanctuary Choir: Thursdays before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Youth Choir: Saturday before 2nd and 5th Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
- Sr. Usher Board: Thursdays before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Sr. Jubilee Choir: Tuesdays before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 7:00 p.m.
- Jr. Jubilee Choir: Thursdays before 2nd and 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- Senior Missionary Auxiliary: Wednesdays after 1st Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Education Committee: Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Brotherhood: Friday before 1st Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Brotherhood: Friday, June 21st at 6:30 pm
- Barbeque Dinner Sale: Saturday, June 22nd at 11:30 am
- Sanctuary Choir 71st Anniversary: Sunday June 23rd at 11:00 am
- Vacation Bible School: June 24-28 at 6:30 pm
- Dinner: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Men’s Day: Sunday, July 21st
June 2019 – Announcements
- The Brotherhood is meeting on Friday, June 21st at 6:30 pm. All men are welcomed to join us at The Zone for Round 7. Horace Guider will be our keynote speaker.
- Men’s Day 2019: Sunday, July 21st during morning worship service.
- Men’s Day Choir: All men and young men of the church are welcomed to be a part of the Men’s Day Choir. Rehearsal dates are listed below
- Saturday, June 15 at 10:00 am
- Youth Summer Enrichment Program: ZCBC#1 will conduct a Summer Enrichment Program for children ages five (5) through twelve (12). This program will be held for five weeks, Monday through Friday, between the dates of June 17 and July 19.
- The City Baptist Jubilee Choir Union Banquet will be held on July 19 at 7:00 pm at the L.C. Chavous Banquet Center at Ridgewood Baptist Church. Pastor Washington is the guest speaker for the event. Tickets can be purchased for $30.00 each.
- Vacation Bible School will be held on June 24 -28. This year’s theme is “In the Wild/Encounters with Jesus”. Volunteers are welcomed to participate.
- Mixed Bagged Vegetable Sale – The Brotherhood will have mixed bagged vegetables and fruit on sale each week. Each bag must be pre-ordered and are available for pickup the 2nd Wednesday of each month. The bags can be purchased for $7.00.
- Bake Sale: Sweets for the sweets bake sale! The bake sale will be held after morning services on Sunday, June 6 th in the John Harmon Education Building. The Senior Missionaries are raising money to support members who are planning to attend the Progressive Baptist Convention in August in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Barbeque Dinner Sale – Men’s Day Fundraiser – The Men are having a $10.00 BBQ Dinner sale on Saturday, June 22nd beginning at 11:30 am and ending when all of the food is sold. Dinners consist of chicken or ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, corn, a dinner roll, and a drink. The chicken and ribs are being cooked by Master Griller: Reggie Bell.
- Credit Card Machine: The credit card machine is available in the vestibule for making your tithes and offerings for your convenience. Instructions have been posted with the machine. (Please note: The card machine charges a 4% usage fee with every transaction.)
- Scheduling Events at the Church: Check with the church clerk/secretary for availability her contact information can be found on the back of the weekly bulletin.
- Updating contact Information: Members, please remember to use your envelopes. Keep your addresses/phone numbers and emails updated. Write changes on your envelopes or call the church clerk/secretary.
- Church Announcements: Thursday is the deadline for church announcements and requests to speak during morning services. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Calling Post Number (405-308-4474): Please answer if you receive a call from this number, it is ZCBC#1 sending you an announcement from a system that has been set up to keep you informed of happenings within the church (illnesses, hospitalizations, closings, etc.). If you do not receive a call, it may be because your number has not been updated, please contact the church clerk/secretary.