Scheduled Meetings/Rehearsal Ti mes:
- Sanctuary Choir: Thursdays before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Youth Choir: Saturday before 2nd and 5th Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
- Sr. Usher Board: Thursdays before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Sr. Jubilee Choir: Tuesdays before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 7:00 p.m.
- Jr. Jubilee Choir: Thursdays before 2nd and 4th Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- Senior Missionary Auxiliary: Wednesdays after 1st Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Education Committee: Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Brotherhood: Friday before 1st Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Brotherhood Meeting
Friday, January 10, 2020 at 6:30 pm.
- The Deaconess Anniversary
Sunday, January 19, 2020 during morning service
- The Church Conference
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 7:00 pm
- The Junior Jubilee Choir’s 63rd Anniversary
Sunday, January 26, 2020 during morning service
January 2020 – Announcements
- Noon-Day and Evening Bible Studies will resume this week on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
- Missionary Meeting will be held on the 2nd Sunday, January 12th right after morning service.
- The Church Conference will be held of Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 7:00 pm. Please plan to attend.
- The Board of Voters Registration will hold a demonstration on January 18, 2020 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm of the state’s new voting machines for you to practice. If you have not registered in recent years, then you may need to update your voter’s registration info.
- The Good Works Ministry has the opportunity to partner with Forest Heights Elementary School to provide weekend snacks for needy and/or displaced children. The estimated cost is $25 per child per month. Please sign up if you are interested in sponsoring a child, donating, delivering supplies, or packing bags.
- The Youth Ministry will kick off SOUPER BOWL SUNDAY Annual Campaign on January 21 through February 2, 2020. All nonperishable items, can goods, and monetary donations will be raised for Harvest Hope Food Bank. Last year we donated 159 lbs of nonperishable foods along with $130.00. This year we will like to double our donation. Bins for donations are placed in the vestibule and in the Sunday school building.
- The Midlands Coalition of Churches Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards Breakfast – January 11, 2020 at 8:00 am at Word of God Banquet Center. Tickets for this event are $18.00 for adults. The following ZCBC#1 members will be honored at the breakfast: Irene Tidwell, Trustee Willie Javis, Debbie Javis, Virgie Lee Johnson, Deacon Charlie Pittman, Wilbert Dubard, Mathew Davis, Ji’Niya Gibson, and Jacobie Sims. Congratulations to the Honorees.
- The Gethsemane Woman’s Auxiliary will present The Red Dress and Bow Tie Luncheon: “The Struggle Was Real: But I Made It.” The event will take place at the L.C Chavous Banquet Center at Ridgewood Baptist Church on February 8, 2020 at 11:00 am. The purpose of the event is to contribute funds to a local heart center. Tickets are $20 per person.
- Soup and Sandwich Sale – The YPoZ will have a fundraiser on Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. After you learn about the new voting procedures, come to the kitchen to enjoy a large cup of soup and a sandwich. For $5.00 you will receive a large cup of soup, a sandwich (a choice of pimento cheese or peanut butter) and a bottle of water.
- Spaghetti Dinner Sale – The YPoZ will will have a fundraiser on Sunday, January 26, 2020 after morning worship service. Please support our your by purchasing a spaghetti dinner or nachos. The spaghetti dinner will consist of spaghetti, salad, bread, a honey bun, and a drink for $8.00. The nachos which includes a drink will be sold for $5.00.
- Mixed Bagged Vegetable Sale – The Brotherhood will have mixed bagged vegetables and fruit on sale each week. Each bag must be pre-ordered and are available for pickup the 2nd Wednesday of each month. The bags can be purchased for $7.00.
- Credit Card Machine: The credit card machine is available in the vestibule for making your tithes and offerings for your convenience. Instructions have been posted with the machine. (Please note: The card machine charges a 4% usage fee with every transaction.)
- Scheduling Events at the Church: Check with the church clerk/secretary for availability her contact information can be found on the back of the weekly bulletin.
- Updating contact Information: Members, please remember to use your envelopes. Keep your addresses/phone numbers and emails updated. Write changes on your envelopes or call the church clerk/secretary.
- Church Announcements: Thursday is the deadline for church announcements and requests to speak during morning services. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Calling Post Number (405-308-4474): Please answer if you receive a call from this number, it is ZCBC#1 sending you an announcement from a system that has been set up to keep you informed of happenings within the church (illnesses, hospitalizations, closings, etc.). If you do not receive a call, it may be because your number has not been updated, please contact the church clerk/secretary.